Partnership With Amazon
Poduslo Group is in partnership with the leading real estate brokerages associated with Amazon corporate. Real-time collaboration with Amazon employees and relocation services connecting clients to your home!
Buy Or Sell Your Home Near Amazon HQ2
Today, more than 1,600 Amazon employees are working from Arlington on teams including AWS, Devices, and Finance, with hundreds of open roles available.
Amazon remains committed to creating 25,000 new jobs and investing more than $2.5 billion in the next decade.
Goodbye Crystal City, Hello National Landing
When Amazon announced that it would be building HQ2 in Arlington, the company also revealed that the neighborhood would be getting a new name. Say hello to National Landing. The new neighborhood will encompass Crystal City, Pentagon City and Potomac Yard.
National Landing is located next to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and just three miles from downtown Washington, D.C. It offers residents all the luxuries and conveniences they can expect from a major metropolitan area, including plenty of restaurants, a massive public transportation network, museums and other cultural touchstones, and outdoor recreation.
Amazon HQ2 National Landing Real Estate Market
Amazon is expected to bring 25,000 or more jobs to the area. Initially home prices in Northern Virginia rose 21% following Amazon’s announcement. A year later, the median listing price in Arlington County is $863,000, up 33% year-over-year, according to Realtor.com. But the impact will be felt beyond Arlington. National Landing is located on the Metro’s Blue and Yellow lines, and anyone along those lines will feel the Amazon impact. Several neighborhoods in Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia will have direct access to Amazon’s HQ2 in National Landing:
- Arlington Ridge – Arlington Ridge is an unincorporated community in Arlington County, Virginia, United States. It is bordered on the north by The Pentagon, on the west by the Army Navy Country Club, and on the south the City of Alexandria. A largely residential neighborhood in south Arlington close to nightlife and retail.
- Ballston – Ballston is the western anchor of Arlington’s Rosslyn-Ballston Metro corridor, is where 75 percent of the population is under 45. With a variety of hotels, shopping and dining for every taste and budget – and whether you’re here for a family vacation or a quick business trip — Ballston is hip, smart and sophisticated.
- Clarendon – Courthouse – Clarendon is especially known for lively nightlife, a perfect location for a great date night at any age, and a center of activity for the younger crowd. If you’re looking for fun in the evenings, you’ll always find it in Clarendon.
- Fairlington – Shirlington – Dog friendly paradise! The Village at Shirlington is an urban village in Arlington, Virginia with shopping, restaurants, theaters, and a pedestrian friendly promenade. The center was originally built in 1944 as Shirlington Shopping Center and was expanded, redesigned and renamed in the past decade. In 2005, the length of Main Street was doubled and 650 apartment and condominium units were built along with more retail space including a Harris Teeter grocery store, a branch of the Arlington County Library, and a new home for the Signature Theatre. Shirlington is a walkable community and also provides easy access to Arlington’s network of multi-use trails. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn located at the Village at Shirlington.
- Lyon Park – Highly sought after residential area in Arlington. Close to the hustle and bustle, but tucket away is this quiet residential neighborhood. The dwelling styles include a variety of architectural styles, ranging from Craftsman-style bungalows dating from the 1920s to Colonial Revival-style buildings dating from the 1930s and 1940s. A number of Queen Anne style dwellings erected prior to the platting of Lyon Park are also present.
- Rosslyn – Might as well be an extension of DC. In the heart of the D.C. area, Rosslyn is the key to unparalleled professional and personal growth in an existing, walkable, urban core that’s tightly connected to the best of the region.
- Potomac Yards – When you’re looking for great shopping, great stores and great restaurants in Alexandria Virginia, make Potomac Yard your first thought. This area is supposed to see a new metro open in 2021.
- Del Ray – Del Ray is “Where Main Street Still Exists” with made-for-strolling Mount Vernon Avenue dotted with independent shops, the Del Ray Famers Market and a booming restaurant scene. Our favorite time to visit is for weekend brunch.
- Old Town Alexandria – Located just minutes from Washington, D.C. on the Potomac River waterfront and named a Top 5 Best Small City in the U.S. 2020 by the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards and one of the South’s Best Cities 2020 by Southern Living, Alexandria delights travelers from all over the world.
- 14th Street Corridor – One of the Districts hottest and trendiest spots to live, shop and play. Theis street is live with hip restaurants and bars along D.C.’s ever-evolving dining thoroughfare
- U Street Corridor – An important African-American cultural and nightlife hub from the 1920s through the ’40s, U Street is home to the 1922 Lincoln Theatre, where local jazz greats like Duke Ellington once performed. Rooftop bars and trendy DJ lounges add to the late-night buzz, and vibrant murals color the streets. Dining options include decades-old Ben’s Chili Bowl, quirky cafes and Little Ethiopia’s cluster of eateries
Shaw – Shaw is one of the city’s hippest enclaves, with craft cocktail bars, beer gardens, indie clothing boutiques and trendy global restaurants. This historically African-American neighborhood is home to the 1910 Howard Theatre, where jazz greats like Ella Fitzgerald and D.C. local Duke Ellington once performed. Today the venue hosts all sorts of music concerts and other events.
- Penn Quarter – Penn Quarter is a high-energy central area with sports bars, music venues, and shopping complexes, as well as a number of museums such as the National Portrait Gallery, with portraits of artists and influential people, including U.S. presidents. The Capital One Arena is home to the city’s pro basketball and ice-hockey teams and also hosts big concerts. The compact Chinatown is marked by the towering Friendship Arch.
- Columbia Heights – Columbia Heights is a neighborhood in Northwest Washington, D.C., United States. Columbia Heights is known for its diversity, housing stock, major retailers, “a splendid panoramic view of downtown DC,” and a thriving restaurant scene.
Public Transportation In National Landing
Public Transportation in National Landing Virginia had already promised to invest $570 million on transportation in the area, but Amazon’s arrival will mean spending at least $195 million more. The plan includes additional entrances to the Crystal City Metro Station and the forthcoming Potomac Yard Metro stop, dedicated bus lanes and other improvements to the Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway, a pedestrian bridge between Crystal City and National Airport, and a new urban boulevard along Route 1.
There is no company more equipped to support Amazon’s HQ2 team than TTR Sotheby’s International Realty.
Sotheby’s International Realty was founded 42 years ago and shares nearly three centuries of heritage with Sotheby’s selling the world’s most cherished possessions.
With over 1,000 offices in over 70 countries worldwide, the team at TTR Sotheby’s International Realty offers clients direct access to the global real estate marketplace and an unparalleled platform for transitioning to and from the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Expert real estate professionals
From the bustling neighborhoods in Washington DC to the country homes of Loudoun County, our reach covers a variety of different regions, inclusive of National Landing.
With over 500 real estate associates across the Washington Metropolitan Area, TTR Sotheby’s International Realty is uniquely positioned to serve buyers and sellers of real estate at all price points.
Much like Amazon is the leader in its vertical, we are the leaders in real estate. Home buyers and sellers alike in the DMV choose to work with Poduslo Group at TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, proving that we truly grasp the market and the needs of our clients.
Let’s discuss how we can use our expertise to guide you every step of the way!