Today, we are pleased to introduce the DCRA Permit Wizard, a new customer-friendly application that modernizes the way our customers start their residential building projects. It’s intuitive, simple and easy to use.
Using a wizard-based approach, customers are guided through a series of questions. In response, the Permit Wizard will:
- Identify the permits needed for the entire project – customers no longer have to know permit types in advance;
- Advise the customer of the estimated total cost of permits;
- Inform the customer of anticipated plan reviews by DCRA and sister agencies, required documentation, anticipated inspections; and
- Provide useful advisories and notifications about their property.
Overall, the Permit Wizard is faster, easier, more efficient and available online at our customers’ convenience.
How to Apply for a Residential Permit:
- Select DCRA Permit Wizard on dcra.dc.gov and use your single
sign-on, Access DC, to log in efficiently and securely;
- Name the project, identify the professionals associated with the project, enter the project details; and
- Submit the application.
In short, navigating DCRA’s permitting process just got a whole lot easier.
Beginning today, use the Permit Wizard for all new residential building permit applications.
We are working hard to make the application even stronger. In the future, we will improve the robust functionality of the Permit Wizard, adding permit extensions, trade, demolition, raze, solar, and after-hours permits. For now, these will continue to be handled through the Citizen Access Portal along with commercial applications.
As always, we want to hear from you. If you have feedback about the Permit Wizard, please email us at email@example.com.