VIEW LOTS AND REGISTER TO BID
Taking place alongside the legendary Grand Prix de Monaco Historique, which uses the same circuit as the Formula 1 Grand Prix and shows some of the world’s most incredible race cars, RM Sotheby’s returns to the glamorous Grimaldi Forum on 14 May 2022. A venue synonymous with the principality’s most prestigious events, our 6th biennial Monaco auction will be part of a weekend ripe with automotive excitement. From hypercars to historic masterpieces, held in one of the world’s most spectacular city-states, RM Sotheby’s Monaco auction has it all.
Showcasing Monaco’s exceptional location between mountain and sea, the stylish Grimaldi Forum—one of Monte Carlo’s most distinctive modern landmarks—is located near several restaurants, museums, luxury shopping, and casinos.
BIDDER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- One of the following: Driver’s License, Passport Identification, or ID Card
- Proof of funds (International Proof of Funds or Bank Statement)
- Credit Card (used for a pre-auction authorization)
- If registering as a Company, Proof of Company (Incorporation documents, VAT/Tax Number)
- If registering as a North American dealer, copy of Dealer and Resale Tax Certificate
Note, bidders are advised to review the Conditions of Business prior to participating in the auction.
ADDITIONAL FEES TO BE CONSIDERED
For Motor Car Lots:
- In the event of a final Hammer Price of €200,000.00 and below on all motor car lots, RMS will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium).
- In the event of a final Hammer Price above €200,000.00 on all motor car lots, RMS will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the first €200,000.00 and will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 12.5% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price above €200,000.00.
For Non-Motor Car Lots:
- Buyers of all non-motor car lots, including but not limited to memorabilia, motorcycles, boats, trailers, jewelry, clothing, and automobile parts, accessories, tools, and/or engines, are required to pay RMS a Buyers’ Premium of 20% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price of those particular lots.
Bidders are responsible for any applicable duty and/or local taxes on any motor car(s) or any other lot(s) purchased. International bidders are advised to inform themselves of potential import duties that would be due upon arrival of the lot(s) to its final destination. You are advised to speak with your local representatives in advance of the sale to understand what these costs would be. The location in which the lot is sold is clearly indicated on the lot page found on rmsothebys.com.
Please pay careful attention to any lots that are:
- VAT Applicable
- VAT Implication
- Temporary Import
Lots Under Temporary Import
Those cars subject to temporary importation restrictions cannot be discharged from RMS’ custody without the completion of customs procedures and until full payment has been received. Customs charges will be levied appropriately depending on each individual scenario and will be payable directly to the relevant authorities, which RMS will provide the details of as and when necessary.
Payment is due in full on or before 17:00 of the next business day following the auction, and payment is to be made to RMS. All payments must be in the form of bank transfer unless other arrangements have been approved in advance. International Bidders are advised that bank transfers may take multiple days for funds to transfer, and as such, we ask for banking institutions to confirm the transfer directly with our Administration department once initiated.
Following the auction, all lots will be removed from the venue and taken to a secure facility in Nice managed by CARS. The cost for this removal will be €650 + VAT per lot with daily storage charges to commence on Monday, 23 May at a rate of €50 + VAT per lot. Memorabilia will be removed to a separate location. Please note that it is the Buyer’s responsibility to insure their purchased lot(s) whilst in storage, as insurance is the Buyer’s responsibility once the lot is sold.
Important note: Any party wishing to collect purchased lots must first confirm directly with RMS who is authorised to collect the lot in order for RMS to issue an authorised release.
RMS strongly advises Buyers to make immediate arrangements for the collection and transport of purchased lots. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to make their own arrangements, but RMS is pleased to offer our clients the services of the following preferred companies:
Contact – Samantha Green
+44 (0) 1284850950
Contact – Diana Varga